My Playground

星期六, 8月 18, 2007

Trip to UK Part II

Actually the preparation of the trip brought me alot of headachs...
One of them was booking the ticket of the musical.
The website i used provides the visibility of the seats number before you confirm the purchase. At first number gave me no meaning because I didnt know the floor plan. Then I searched for a floor plan. But then I found that the floor plan was also meaningless becuase I couldnt tell the distance between the first row and the stage so I couldnt estimate if it would be too far or too close.
Then I searched again....
When I almost wanted to give up, I found a website which provide comments about the sitting plan of all the showing musicals in UK! Study and study... I found my perfect seat and I also proved its value myself!
Then routing started to push me against the wall...
"Which cities I should visit? by what mode?"
It was a very difficult question for me because I am very bad on shortlisting...

London... sure I need to go!
Then... York? Seems very lovely place.
Cambridge? looks very attractive...
By train or by coach? or by boat?

After drafing different suggestions on the table and balancing the buget... here was the finalized plan.

London - 5 days
Cambridge - 1 day
Kings Lynn - 1 day
Oxford - 1 days
Bath - 1 days
London - 1 days
Let's take off to UK!

Chapter 1.1 Meeting an interesting girl in airport



When I arrived in the airport it was already late evening. All shops are closed except 7-11.
I set right in front of it and wait for the time to pass... the damn flight was delayed...
Then a girl who sat next to me, rushing to eat and drink started to talk to me.
She is a young HKG girl who finished her one week break home was going back to Dubai to work. Accoring to her, Dubai is a very interesting place.

Chapter 1.2 My first experience with Oasis


While I was waiting pointlessly in the airport, she was already flying to Dubai because her flight was on time. Finally at 1am, we could prepare to board. Once I entered the cabin... O dear! I had expected that the seat could be very small, however they moved it to the limit. Actually I couldnt stand up streight between rows and the seat was just big enough for a small girl like me.


The programms in the entertainment channels were very limited. The flight was almost full so the loading process took a long long time to finish. In the mid of it, I fell into a sleep. Even I was very excited about the trip, the happy mood was not strong enough for me to fight with the tiredness which was accumulated by my last three weeks shit clearing in the office.
About 2 am... the engine stated running finally. UK go go go!

We were now on the runway and going to take off. I could feel the the engine running faster and faster! UK UK!

At the time about to take off, it stopped dramatically! A strong force push me to bend forward.
Woo...! The lady next to me started to panic! Then pilot reported that they found a system issue and they needed to go back to the apron to process an investigation. Lights up and then I fell into asleep again. (sorry too tired).

Luckily it was just a system issue but the break was overheated because of the urgent stop. They would wait for half an hour and try to take off again. But if the break still remain overheated by then, we needed to go back to the airport or the trip would be cancelled. My heart dropped... pls no... I badly needed a vocation!

Maybe the Above heard me, it ran very smooth afterward :)

I bought two bottles of water to the plan. And I could have died of drought without them becuase there was NO frequent supply of the water, maybe because the number of flight attendants was too handful to provide frequent services.


So how about the meal? The taste was not bad at all but only it took about an hour until the meal trolly reached to my row.

One incident had happend about 2 hour before we landed. "Dear passengers, we are looking for medical assistance. Pls contact our flight attendence if you would be able to help. Thank you!" Somebody got heart attacked? My neighbour went to assist. She said a pregnant woman has shown sign of early delivery but the situation was not serious. So, the baby still can wait. Then few flight attendences crowded my neighbour to say "thankyou" and asked for her personal details. What is the appreciation from this budget airline? A "Thankyou" card or a discount of the flight ticket? If i could choose, I would rather look for a discount of other company ticket...

Chapter 1.3 Immigration Office



I landed UK at 8am in the morning and the airport was empty! When I came out from the washroom, I could see NO body! Not even a staff?! What does the security surcharge go to?
One thing worried me alot was the immigration office. I saw a lot of sharing in the internet that somebody could be rejected to enter UK without a reason.

Being an office must be a good job - That was my first impression about the ladys who sat in the immigration counters. They were the same size a a cow! They might be able to hide two to three or even four "me" in her back!

When she started to ask question, I felt like that I was questioned by prison guard! No welcome greeting and no smile. Her facial expression looked, as if I was begging to entry her country. I didnt travel alot but it was the worse experience I have ever had.

Capter 2 London - TO BE CONTINUED... :p

2 則留言:

  • My goodness... the low fare was really tempting but after hearing this I don't think Oasis is an option.... I thought Gulf was bad enough but guess at least there's no delay, the food's all right, and you do get plenty of water. But I guess the good thing about Oasis is you don't have to deal with Heathrow?

    You know what I usually do before getting to the Deutsche immigration? Study the officers' face from a distance, avoid anyone who's got on their forehead words like "my life suxks" or "I hate everyone". And when you get to them act as arrogant as you possibly can, as if telling them "Get it done quick, I don't have no time for your questioning." Most of the times it saves me from those completely unnecessary and extremely unpleasant interrogations.

    作者:Blogger StupidHollyWolly, 12:48 上午  

  • Actually all my friends asked why Oasais? It is cheap and no accident so far. At least they delayed they flight and made sure everything was ok before they start the energine.
    Water is very impartant for long distance flight like this. And the lady who sat next to me kept complaining about the water shortage made her feel like having flu (a bit fever)..... But actually they were cheap! Cheap can cover alot of defeats~! So i forgave them! haha
    Those officers were more than horrible. It is suppose to be the first impression to the tourists and that was a complete failure! At least in Singapore, they have a kind of "rather" friendly face and a welcome candy. In Hong Kong you got a smile but in UK... you just see a shit face! Note! Not only one but all of them. Only the gay who was controlling the flow of the q really friendly! And as I saw...all of them really didnt simply let ppl go, they kept asking questions. I didnt have time to do research on the timing, but I got 4 questions:
    "what is your purpose of your trip?"
    "where will you stay?"
    "where are you going to travel in UK"
    "show me your return ticket"
    As I have checked online about their "questioning" before, these questions were level one of one. I was not sure if I was lucky or not but anyway.. the officer really made me feel so bad!
    It made me feel worse when i was returning to HKG. They secuirty check was un"ding"able! The checking was really unnessary! If somebody really wanted to bomb the flight, I dont think that those strictions can really block them from doing it! The french guy who was in front of me really got angry with the office but luckily he controlled himself at last..
    "Do you need me to take off the shoes and show you?"
    "It is up to you."
    "No, it is up to you! That is your job! And you should tell me if need to take off the shoes or not!" And his temper was really running a bit high at this time.
    "......" The fat lady said nothing then.
    "It is crazy!" He said to me.
    "Yes, of course!" that is my reply.
    And i read Economics about an articles the UK airport. It mentioned about the very little profit even under the sole player in the market and it said most of them were mismanaged and kept kicking business out from the airport by using spaces of shops to extend the security check area!
    Never tried Heathrow before but i guess... it would be just worse than Gatwick.

    作者:Blogger 蘭西, 12:29 上午  

發佈留言

訂閱 發佈留言 [Atom]



<< 首頁