My Playground

星期六, 7月 14, 2007

Trip to UK part I

I just checked the exchange rate, pound to HKD is now 1 to 15.91... It is really geting crazy!
The holiday was excellent! And I plan to go to UK same time next year :) and sure with backpack again.
So, when I started to plan my trip to UK, many ppl asked me the following questions:

"Is it safe for you to go alone?"
Answer: Actually I had some worries about my safty not becasue I would be there alone but the terrorist attack. You know... UK... bomb attack can always happen. I did a little research on travel insurance last year. I couldnt find any insurance company offer a coverage on terrorist attack in travel insurance. So, i just chose a cheap cheap plan. When it comes, it comes...
In general, UK is safe. Even I was alone wondering around at late night, I didnt have much worries. And I didnt see any drunk ppl on the street (maybe it was tooooooo expensive to get drunk!)
But there were some funny teenagers asking money. They dressed nice and asked politely, "Hey Miss, do you have one pound?" They didnt push further when a firm "no" had been given.

"Where will you stay? Hotel?"
Answer: The standard of living in UK is .... so HIGH! I did want to have a very relax trip, having big and confortable bed and a big big TV alone every single night. However, when it came to the situation that one low ranking hotel room costed HKD 1000+, reconsideration was really necessary because my trip contained 11 nights. Confortable nights vs. money, I picked the latter one. Yet, dont think that hostel can help you to save alot becaue it also costs HKD300+ per bed per night.
Those hostels were actually very OK. The beds were clean and the location was good! They didnt provide much goodies in the breakfast but at least they provide it! And one more thing is... the roomates are HANDSOME! Yes, i picked the mixed dome for some locations. First of all, it is cheapper and secondly, I have never tried it before!

"Is your backpack big enough? 12 days wor?!"
Answer: My bag is 45L. It should be big enough for normal trip. It was very challenging this time becauce the climate change in UK is dramatic. The temp difference for one day in London was 5-10'C. So I needed to bring many clothes. I got clothes for four seasons actually... Dont laught! I did have chance to wear them all! I experienced 5'C to 30'C, sunny and runny.
So i got my bag about 80% full at the time I started my trip and I also prepared a china bag (just incase I got some brainless / controless shoppings, and which had happend.. haha)
So, I went to UK with 8kg and I went back home with 22kg.

"Meeting friends there?"
Yes... managed to do that at last. This Konstanze housemate works in Cambridge University. We met again after 6 years... He didnt changed much with his outlook. He has finished his doctor degree in Cambridge and will be moving to US to work as A. Profressor. Good luck! He is writing a romance about my company. And it is a very sad story and I hope that he is not going to torture the charactors further...pls

2 則留言:

  • And? Where is part 2???

    We both enjoyed reading it very much :)

    作者:Anonymous 匿名, 8:27 下午  

  • my part II is coming...
    still writing and typing! too many interesting thing to write :p

    作者:Blogger 蘭西, 9:52 下午  

發佈留言

訂閱 發佈留言 [Atom]



<< 首頁