Emails
For just one email, I need to rewrite thousand times to make sure it is political correct and grammatical correct. Now all the ppl in my company are either from English Spearking countries or they studied overseas. It seems that I am the only one who speak "luck luck kut kut" english in the office and write ugly ugly emails. I always feel stress when I need to reply those Ms Big or Mr Big emails. Last time when I was in Singapore, I got loads of ppl who can give me ideas how to express my idea in english and I had a lot of secutiry check points before the email sent, but now I even dont dare to take out the dictionary and check.
Help~! How to improve my english in one night?
Help~! How to improve my english in one night?


2 則留言:
Write it in MS Word first lor, then at least your spellings and grammars will be checked.
For dictionary, can use online ma, this one should be good enough: http://www.iciba.com/
If you don't mind using Eng-Eng, I would recommend this: http://wordweb.info/ The free version is already good enough, got meanings in English, and also provide you with synonyms and antonyms, as well as words of similar meanings. Can download to your computer and open it as a small window, guarantee no one will notice!
For ways to express yourself in proper English, this is one thing I always do when I am not sure if I am talking / writing properly: Go to Google Search, type in whatever phrase you want to use, with quotation marks at both ends, then search. If there are people using it in the english-speaking world, then it can't be too wrong.
作者:
StupidHollyWolly, 於
7:50 下午
My outlook has MS word function. If i dont have that I would need to rewrite the same email million times in stead of thousand times la. You know i am really terrible in spelling...
Actually the most difficult part is the email organization and the approach. Most of the time we need to send emails to argue some silly points. Obviously that is some other ppl's fault due to their miscommunication, but we cannot just point to their nose and say that, 'hey idiot that is your fault, why you still want to point our nose?' All because they are our customer or our counter parts. And sometimes, some political elements are inside. Once you show attitude in your email, a big argument "bomb"! Then mangers, directors might get involved. From one some small thing become a damn BIG discussion. Then... it will develop to a stage that ... you started the whole thing but you cannot control the situation anymore...
So most of the time I need to stuggle. Writing a argument with my luck luck kut kut engligh. Finding appropricate wording within my very limited pool of vocab. And then need to guess, if an english speacking person would get the same message, which i tried to deliver.
Thanks for your suggestions ah~
I will try to use the dictionary on line...
作者:
蘭西, 於
2:11 下午
發佈留言
訂閱 發佈留言 [Atom]
<< 首頁