My Playground

星期一, 3月 06, 2006

Where is 虎標萬金油 actually from??


Many people say that虎標萬金油 is 土產 of Singapore, but actually do you know that the虎標萬金油 was created by a 中國土生中醫師? He later moved to Burma and he processed the first 萬金油 in his kitchen in Burma? Later the sons of the中醫師: the very famous 胡文虎 and 胡文豹, extended the business to neighborhood countries and chose Singapore as the headquarter of the business.
Suddenly I was confused…
Then is actually虎標萬金油 from China (founder)? Burma (the firstly created location)? or Singapore (the headquarter of the business)? …. Headache~
Anyway I visited the 萬金油花園 in Singapore. According to the information inside the garden, this garden was actually a gift of胡文虎to his younger brother胡文豹. And he also built a small house in centre of the garden, which had an excellent view of the sea.
Many colleagues told me that there was nothing worth seeing. Frankly speaking, they are correct. The garden was just full of sculptures of the characters of Chinese fairy tales. And it was quiet hard for me to understand the reason of creating such garden to be surrounded by these kinds of thing. If I were the receiver… I might not want to spend the night in the house… so scary~
I spent one dollar to see the 10th hell. There was a very vivid demonstration of how hell of different levels look like. And do you know that you will face punishment in hell when you run away from tax, cheating in exam and not being nice to the older generation… so you better be careful!

0 則留言:

發佈留言

訂閱 發佈留言 [Atom]



<< 首頁