My Playground

星期日, 8月 20, 2006

Buying Travel Insurance

Many friends said buying travel insurance was not necessary...
Somehow, it is true because at the time you need to claim anything, the insurance company normally has thousands (or millions of reasons? haha...) to reject you. Last time my friend was stuck in US due to the electricity outage and couldn't claim even a penny. They said the outage was not airline fault...
Anyway, I still need to buy one... if I die in the trip, my family still can have a penny~ :P
Yesterday, I collected some leaflets from different travel agents: AIG, ZURICH, BLUE CROSS and MINGAN.
The coverage of those companies are more or less the same:
Emergency Medical Espenses and Assistance
Personal Accident
Personal Effects
Delay Coverage
Personal Liability
Credit Card Protection
Loss of home Content
Actually the part people should pay attention is not the only the amount (truely, you wont get the max all the time... my friend), but the exclusion parts!
E.g.
Most of the personal accident doesnt cover the death as the consequence of disease or sickness and terriorist accack.
And also the coverage doesnt cover the local tour.
So and so...
I read the detail and contract and did comparison until 2am in the morning... still I couldnt choose which has reasonal coverage with reasonal price. Maybe I should draft an Excel table to do a detail analysis.
My friends laught and said... hey you shoudnt be too serious on choosing the insurance plan because you are not preparing to die or to have any accident in the trip!!
True, still....
When you need to die, you need to make it worth, right?
Fianlly, I choose HSBC.
Suddenly I felt totally idiot to do all the silly reading last night..
The good thing about the HSBC travel insurance is:
It allows you to read the full vision of contract online.
It covers the death as the consequence of violence (most of the companies dont cover this part!!).
And the price is reasonal, HKD200+ for 30 days, while the rest is about 500+.

0 則留言:

發佈留言

訂閱 發佈留言 [Atom]



<< 首頁