My Playground

星期四, 10月 20, 2005

The National Library in Singapore



Last sat, I went to visit the National Library in Bugis. It is a very mordern building, which looks a bit similar to HKUST. Suprisingly this 16+ storeys building only has one storey public lending library, the rest are reference libraries?!

When I was in the lending sections, I really don't want to spend more than one single minute there becaues the feeling was very very very bad~ It was very small, messy and crowded. And most terrifing was that this section located in the basement. You couldnt see the sky when you read...

But when I was in the Chinese library in the 8th floor, the atmosphere was totally different!? They got big windows, confortable sofa to sit on and bright lighting system. And there was not a market as not much people were there and very important was the absent of kids and babies! From the window, you could see the heart of Singapore. And you could find good books there! They got the collection which is close to the standard of a university library. Although you couldnt borrow any book there but it was pleasent to read there.

Finally I spent amost 4 hours there! But next time I must bring a jacket with me.... it was very cold!

0 則留言:

發佈留言

訂閱 發佈留言 [Atom]



<< 首頁